PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

spongjim
10-02-2006, 06:52 PM
I am starting a 1/48 Gato hull and I will be going back down to Mobile to take some pictures of the USS Drum SS228 in a couple of weeks. I will be taking alot of pictures of the hull ,deck ,tower,and deck guns .If anyone needs pictures of these or other areas let me know and I will get them for you while I am there. The sub is in bad shape with rust and is blocked off on port side but I think I can get them to let me photo both sides for the build.
Steve seen the last pictures I took there she is in bad shape. I will be using a 8 meg camera so the detail will be good and I will have to burn the pictures on cd and send if anyone wants some. If you want some let me know and what area you want pictures of . I know there are alot of books on these subs but you cant get all the details from a book.

Jim H :D

Old 8140
10-02-2006, 07:35 PM
spongjim,

I would like to have the measurments of the Teak deck. The pictures I have seen look like they my be 1-1/4"thick and about 2-1/2" wide.

Thanking you in advance,

Jim

John Anderson
10-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Jim we went down to the SS 298 USS Lionfish a Balao class boat at Battleship cove and her wood deck parts seemed to be about an inch and a half thick and about two inches wide. I'll send a shot to you via regular e-mail.
I do not if this applies to Gato boats.