PDA

View Full Version : Formula Required

01-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Hi,

I need the formula that calculates how thick a material should be to withstand a certain depth. The one in Model Submarine Technology is for a flat sheet, whereas I need one for a dome. Anyone know it?

Thanks

Michael

01-21-2006, 09:13 AM
where the AREA is in your calculation, use (4/3*pi*r^3). that is the SURFACE AREA OF A SPHERE. if you dont understand that, tough shit, im not gonna explain it to a 15 year old kid.

01-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Guest,
http://mhims.co.uk/images2/negative.gif

01-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Found it.

Michael

01-21-2006, 12:55 PM
thats the best you can do you stupid troll, someone tries to help your dumbass out and thats the thanks we get. go hit puberty you little faggot.

01-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Mr. Guest.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8017/howaboutanicecupofshutthefucku1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

01-21-2006, 01:34 PM
A Nice LARGE Cup

Michael

01-21-2006, 01:39 PM
thats the best you can do you stupid troll, someone tries to help your dumbass out and thats the thanks we get. go hit puberty you little faggot.

Next time you say something, could you stand up? I can't hear the words coming out your ass.

1. I'm not stupid
2. I'm not a troll
3. You didn't help me, just posted a random formula that is nothing like the one I was trying to find
4. I'm not a dumbass
5. I've hit puberty
6. I'm not little
7. I'm not a faggot

So basically everything you just said was crap, just like your first post.

Michael

01-21-2006, 02:21 PM
you really are an idiot, i KNOW the formula you speak of (if in fact you are using the right one, but guessing from your post you are not using the correct formula). the right formula uses a cross section of the area in question that the said pressure is to be exerted on. that is a fact you dumb little punk. likewise, if that said area comes from a sphere instead of a flat surface, then one has to adjust the formula for the area in question. but i seriously doubt that you could actually do the derivative to calculate the surface area of a sphere. another thing, do you even know what a derivative is?? Now, as Stone Cold Steve Austin once said, "Shut the hell up!"

01-21-2006, 02:34 PM
LOL,

Well thanks for all your help, sadly you really aren't worth my time so I won't be responding to anymore of your posts.

I think this forum should be made a 'only members can post' one? That way scrawny overweening arrogant pieces of worthless shit that try to piss me off will be kept away from the board. (Do you even know what that means, faggot?)

Michael

01-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Hey,

Either register and have a name or leave. Don't worry I'll activate your account because I will live up to what I've stated in the past.

It's just plain unfair to be a big man from behind a PC. anyone can do that. Picking on a 15 year old you must have issues or woke up on the wrong side of bed.

You haven't a reason in the world to be so mean.

I own this place!

U812

01-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Sign at least, mr Guest from FL. You can have something against Michael, thats your business but please sign.

01-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Thanks Guys, but I really think it should be a 'sign up to post' type of forum.

I'm thinking he's Gunner.............

Boss Subfixer
01-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Guys,
You are doing the worst thing with this person ,I say person because there is no indicator of gender unless you take into account the lack of balls to register and giving a name, by responding to this persons raves. Keep giving this person fuel and the fire will keep burning, take away the fuel......... you get the point.

01-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Don is right.

Done.

BTW cfl.res.rr.com Orlando Florida.resident.roadrunner.com narrows the field a bit.

Steve