+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 212A Arkmodel build

Default 212A Arkmodel build

I had purchased one of the 1/48 212A kits from Arkmodel and will be doing a build. I hope to have it at least running by the Carmel regatta.
    It should be a fun build.
    I have already modified one of my 3.1-R cylinders with a larger ballast tank for this beast.
    It may be only 46" long but at 6" wide there is a lot of volume.
    I will post some photos soon. BD.
    You want to complain! Look at these heels I have only had them three weeks and the heels worn right through! If you complain nothing happens, so you might as well not bother. My back hurts, it's a fine day, and I'm sick and tired of this office!

Very interested, Dave. I got one of these kits, too, but I also nabbed one of their WTC kits. I decided to stray from my old formulas and see what they were doing. I think with a few improvements, their WTC might be viable, and a good performer!
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.

Hi Bob,
    Their cylinder is a big sucker!!
    It is about 36"x 4" In think. Mine is 3.125" x 31".
    I increased the size of my ballast section and added a low pressure air system to add the extra lift. I am guestimating on the tank size but I usually luck out and get it right.
    Over all it is a good kit.
    Looking foreword to seeing how you make out on the full build. BD.
    You want to complain! Look at these heels I have only had them three weeks and the heels worn right through! If you complain nothing happens, so you might as well not bother. My back hurts, it's a fine day, and I'm sick and tired of this office!

Here are some photos of the build so far.
    I have opened up the two access holes in the lower front and rear of the hull.
    I put in a brass bearing holder to mount a 5MM oilite bearing.
    The 5MM included SS shaft will ride on this and the supplied rear bushing.
    The kit is supplied with two props, one seven and one 6 blade.
    I taped the two hull sections together and placed the cylinder in front of them in the other photo to get a feel for the size. BD.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bigdave; 07-07-2009 at 05:57 AM.

That is a very interesting kit...a bit more room in the stern quarters than Steve's 212. Carry on, that man...watching with bated breath.

Rich
    "take her down, number one..."

A British Sub Pirate and proud of it.

Go BD go!

Steve
    Make Space Ships not War

err...waiting?

Rich

Here are some photos of the rear linkages Rich.
    There is a bit more room than my baby 212. BD.
    Attached Images

Thanks BD...it looks positively spacious in there!

Rich

BD, you may have already done this, but you'll want to replace the set screws found in the kit with stainless. My Type 39 came with carbon steel screws which rusted badly after a few outings.
    "China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

+ Reply to Thread