+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: SubPirates Build Thread Contest

Well I know I don't stand a snowballs chance in hell against Chris's Parche but those are some sweet prizes!
    Don Evans

Don,

There are a LOT of great projects in the works, but we need more published....Please post your builds up! There are several prizes, not just one.
    Regards,

Matt

nuke power Guest

damn I almost wanna give you a prize for your post about the sub fire. I wouldnt tell these guys I did that! Perhaps a booby prize...at the gold club

Kevin, booby prize is fine. LOL! I don't mind admitting my mistakes, my hope is that it will show someone to keep plugging along and never give up no matter what happens. whether it's a brand new person to the hobby or the very experienced craftsman. We all make mistakes, but it's what you do after the mistake.
    Matt your absolutely right there are a lot a great builds to be considered. Chris's parche just happened to be a recent topic and a very impressive one. Believe me the pictures don't do it justice. I'm sure the same could be said for others too. I don't envy the judges.
    Don Evans

Thanks for the vote of confidence Don, but there are plenty of great builds here. Your BATFISH is a nice conversion, it takes a lot of guts to saw one of Matt's kits in half and skill to get it back together seamlessly as you did.

You're right, I don't envy the judges.
    I know you. You know you. And I know you know that I know you.

Matt,
    I'm in with the Type VII rebuild.

Lyle
    Failure is not an option!

Sweet! Another great build! Matt's right there are a lot of very nice builds that should be here, sign em up guys.
    Don Evans

Default type9c40

i like to put in this boat the full set of pics

Two more weeks and I will be finished with this years shooting competitions. I can get back to my build of the Alma.

But this morning this thread caught my eye. "Sub Pirates Build Thread Contest '

I had forgotten about this contest.
    I asked Matt for a list of threads to review. I asked because I do not visit other sub building forums and have no idea who's build threads only show up here on Sub Pirates.

Here's a list of what I have from a quick glance.

Tabledancer - Alfa
    Boss Subfixer - Sturgeon
    expfcwintergreen - Parche (Revell Gato rebuild withdrawn)
    Oldmscle - Type VII rebuild

I know there are more but I need help.

Do you have a build thread of your boat that meets the contest rule guidelines ????

If so send me an e-mail. I am putting together all these builds in one place to make it easier for the judges to review the outstanding work going on out there. You have two months to get in on this contest.
    Winner(s) will be announced December 31, 2009.
    Several prizes have been offered up to be give out. Thank You! for your contributions.

----Here's the Guidelines again----
    1) The thread must reside on SubPirates only.
    2) The build must be of an R/C submarine.
    3) The 'Tub Toy" type plastic kits converted to R/C do not qualify. (Some do qualify due to the amount of modification made-Contact me for clarification)
    4) The model may be from a kit or scratch built.
    5) The model need not be finished or operational by Dec. 31rst 2009.
    6) The thread must have narrative and in-construction photographs.
    7) Only active/paid members may enter a model in the contest.
    The model must be entered in the contest my responding to this thread.
    ==============================
    Again send me an e-mail to let me know your in and where I can find your build thread.

I notice that alf has tossed his name in but has yet to post photos or build thread. alf if you need help posting images send me your photos and I will put together a web page to link to. We want to see your what you're doing.

My e-mail is cliffhanger@dslextreme.com
    ---------
    I have already been told my scow schooner, "Alma", is not eligible.
    So maybe next year when Matt gets the S-boat out I'll have something to enter.
    SSBN 598 - blue/nuke trained IC/forward

nuke power Guest

can I add my doll?

+ Reply to Thread