+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: 1/72nd SSN-571 Nautilus Kit Manufacture Thread

I thought I'd copy these questions here to keep relevant information in this thread:

Any suggestions for a WTC? And numbers for WTC diameter, length, displacement, tank volume? Motor size and/or maybe a good type to use?

I've had good luck with the WTC Dave Manley designed for his 1/96 Blueback, and I would like to have an arrangement like that for twin screws, and (I think) a gas system.

Will there be gear for rigging out and retracting the bow planes?

Hi Carter,

This is a pretty good sized boat. A 3.5" diameter Cylinder will work best, but I am not certain on the required volume yet as I have yet to mold one up to allow me to weigh all of the above the waterline components. We have a system coming out that is a closed loop, compressed air system utilizing a pump (not rcabs) that is intended for this boat and other similar boats of its size such as our 1/48th Type XXI. It is capable of blowing its ballast well beyond 30+ feet. We will have a twin screw, brushed motor, system available for it. Nobody really uses gas much anymore. It is just too expensive and inefficient. At this time, I have no plans of providing the initial kits with a retract mechanism for the bow planes. It would be a very simple matter of rigging a mechanism up, however.
    Regards,

Matt

Thanks, Matt.

Very nice!
    Hope to see a slo-mo video.

Hello all ,

I have read and watched breathlessly this topic and how did the construction kit worked ,
    I saw with saddles is been more than a year since no one posted anything ,
    I know that "no news, good news" but I would love to hear good news about kit ,

On the other hand , I'm interested in Nautilus SSN 571 ,
    For more than a Year I gathered everything I could find on the INTERNET published : pictures / drawings / videos / magazine articles, but I have not seen plans / sections forms ,
    What source of inspiration You had to made the Kit MATT ? ,
    Can anyone help me with these ?

The approach of the model will be slightly different :
    - Inside the outer shell I want to make a structure that imitate the ribs ,
    - using the ribs and the outer shell I want to make the ballast tanks ,
    - to fill / empty that tanks I intend to use something similar to the "injector piston",

Any way in that stage is guest a Research and is gonna be a Long Term Project

With respect

MARIUS , aka "profesorul"

Marius,

Yes, we will be getting going back on this project in the fall. I have a few other kits to complete to get out of the shop before we return to this boat, but we will get back to it. Thanks for your patience, and my apologies for the very long delay. It is really nice to be back in the shop again.
    Regards,

Matt

The imperfections caused from setting so long in my shop have now been repaired and she is in the final stages of finishing in preparation for the first set of molds to be pulled off of her. The stern has been beaten up a lot, so luckily I have the 3D CAD and will be 3D printing up a new stern to patch on to the master pattern. I plan to print it out early this next week after the S Class pattern is finished being printed on the big printer. Then its off to the mold shop!

Regards,

Matt

+ Reply to Thread