+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: Anime Subs

So I'm pretty sure now that since this ESC was built for a micro rc car the strange white connector is a unique one that connects to its' cars battery unit so that it is clear to the user where it goes. So I removed it and am going to refit it with a standard connector similar to the other one it uses.

Looking at this image,

It appears by the circuit board markings that the Red plug is the battery connector and the white is the motor connector.

Changing connectors to something you like is not a problem.
    If using the same type of connector I would reverse the ends of the new connectors so that the motor and battery plugs ends would not be interchangeable.

----------------
    Do you have the car it goes in or just the controller?
    If just he controller, do you have an instruction sheet?

Or can you find an instruction sheet or photo of the car showing the speed controller installed?
    SSBN 598 - blue/nuke trained IC/forward

We all enjoy your scifi posts, Chad! You are always good for something way different.

Have you ever considered going the epoxy glass over foam route instead of the plaster method?
    Regards,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    We all enjoy your scifi posts, Chad! You are always good for something way different.

Have you ever considered going the epoxy glass over foam route instead of the plaster method?
    which project are you referring to doing epoxy over foam for? Currently the only project that I am doing that uses plaster is the large UX pump-jet sub. It's a foam core with plaster to smooth it out, but I do intend to use glass and epoxy eventually once a few more pressing projects have been completed. Like the Yamato, the TypeXXIII, and the Nautilus CAD project. Ultimately it's my hobby dream to own a running version of the UX and the Junior, which I plan to sell kits of in about a 1 - 1.5' config. as a dynamic diver with lots of power for fun underwater running. Based on the size of it, it should be a very fun kit to run. Here again is a picture of the Junior to which I am referring.

junior3.jpg junior1.jpg junior2.jpg

What you'll notice is some strange saddle bags on the lower rear half of the boat. I plan to use those for ballast and as a place to store batteries for a nice long run. The font vent will actually feed water to the rear thruster which I already have on hand. I'll snap a photo later. It's a Graupner Speed 500 so it should run well. I'm always charting waters I know nothing about. I would have either made a terrible sailer or a very bold one. It has really large control surfaces which should make for an effective dynamic diver. Aside from the large rear prop hub the prop should run fine. I may set up so that the hub is for display only because it blocks 50% of the thrust area, which cannot be effective although I considered setting up the impeller to factor the size of the hub in so that water would just go around it kind of like a seawolf shrouded duct impeller thing-a-ma-gigger to use the proper scientific / engineering terminology.

PS Ralph I figured out my image issue. When I upload the images that I've screen captured apparently my monitor has a ppi of 144 so when I upload them they are being downsized to probably 72 by default which is shrinking my images resolution is only my guess.
    Last edited by Chad; 08-11-2017 at 10:27 AM.

So back to the Yamato, I am still making progress SLOW but progress nonetheless. I will be soldering the new connectors ASAP and then all this just so I can test the only small ESC I could find that was brushed and had a forward reverse functionality. Shouldn't there be more of these on the market? I looked high and low on eBay, Hobby King, local hobby store not Hobby Town, yeah they had no clue. Um even Tower Hobbies I think. I may have forgot that one. Send me a link if you know of a solid ESC with fwd rvrs functionality for a decent wattage battery in brushed. Thanks in advance!

I am liking this one for an ESC. It's waterproof and can deal with 50amps, which will be very helpful for the Junior dynamic diving project which I will be using a Speed 500 Graupner motor to propel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PRICE-RC...19.m1438.l2649

Good choice, Chad!
    Regards,

Matt

Here's a quick video of the build. Sorry about the background noise. A friend was working on a table. This one is going to be super cool when it's done.

https://youtu.be/5QD5BD3Jvd8

So I am working on something I cant say much about other than to say I am making great progress on and it is something I hope will interest the whole RC sub community.

On another note, I have completed 90% of my 707 Rhino model which I plan to use for various purposes. All that left is the prop and the inset detail lines which I cannot do on this version of Rhino so I am just stuck with it as is until then. I also still have to finish the 707 junior and the UX, which I am close to doing. Then I am on to the Nautilus and every other project on hold until I have more money to dump in to them.

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 3.07.54 PM copy.jpg
    Last edited by Chad; 09-16-2017 at 03:15 PM.

So goes my never ending quest and obsession with perfection, having discovered some flaws with my 707II model in Rhino, I am not set again working on it. On the upside I was able to add some details that really needed to be there to match as closely as possible the original 1/350 resin model I use as a reference. Here's another screen shot. However I also noticed some small areas where the surfaces do not touch and will require additional attention possibly resurfacing. Since I am such a noob to Rhino, and CAD modeling I do not fully understand why things are doing what they are doing in this program so I have to use my best guesses and just redo redo redo until I get it right. It's extremely tedious but so goes my obsession with these subjects and really any subject I get on.

Here's a reminder of that model.
    real_side.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 7.38.26 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-09-18 at 7.38.12 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-09-18 at 7.37.11 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Chad; 09-19-2017 at 10:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread