+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: Anime Subs

Power switch on the switch harness to the receiver?
    Regards,

Matt

I drew up my own schematic to make sure I am 100% correct in my understanding before wiring anything up.

IMG_1581.jpg IMG_1580.jpg

Sorry! I forgot about this. Your schematic has some errors in it. I'll try to get it done and posted soon.
    Regards,

Matt

Whew! see that's why being overly obsessive is not a bad thing especially when you're me.

BTW in case anyone who reads this post on the Yamato has issues with it as not being a submarine, let me educate you. The Space Battleship Yamato is capable of acting as a submarine and in one episode of 2199 it does just that for a brief while and is even mistaken as being a submarine by one it's enemies. Albeit a completely stupid mistake on their part given the circumstances.

Here is the basic electronic setup. I still have to figure out the compartment for the battery, but my goal is accessibility and water tightness. I currently have the radio and the micro servo running in the same compartment, while the esc and battery will be in the more forward compartment.

IMG_1590.jpg
    Last edited by Chad; 04-18-2017 at 11:56 AM.

I've now got it all wired up, I ran a short test today but as per how the power button works when the Lipo is too low in power, it shuts off the power. So now I'll charge it up and start setting up the internals from how the battery compartment fits to the rigging of the thrust vector mechanism.

So I found out that my battery charger which I bought a long time ago to use with LiFe batteries does not have a charging option for Lipos. So now I have to sell the one I had and buy a new one that includes Lipos along with all the other versions of batteries. So you ask "Chad, why do you need to have a charger that charges all other types of batteries?" It's because I'm obsessive and you never know when you'll need it so why not have it. Until then I'm hands tied since I can't test anything. I'll get a photo up with this to show the finished configuration.
    Last edited by Chad; 05-30-2017 at 09:01 AM.

I got the new charger, tenegery.jpg

charged the batteries, and now am finding that somewhere somehow there is a fault in my system. Booo!! Sigh, I hate technical troubleshooting, but that is what this hobby is. Ok so I don't hate. I'm actually kind of addicted to it so I guess it's a sickness. LOL!! Damn I'm funny. BTW the charger I got is this one. Tenergy TB6-B 50W Balancing Charger for NiMH/NiCD/Li-PO/Li-Fe/SLA Battery Packs. Here is whats on my list of issues feel free to chime in with suggestions.

I have three issues I'm working on...
    1 There seem to be two modes to this power switch. 1 for non-lipo batts, and 2 for lipos as it detects when the lipo is low and auto-turns off. To turn on the switch for lipos you have to pres and hold it, which turns both lights on, when I do this, it powers off after a few seconds. If I turn it on the other way it works fine, but I don't know if it is going to detect the lipo in low power. this is the switch I'm using power.jpg

2 Once power is on, the only thing that works is the servo, if I switch channels it still only powers the servo. I know the motor works because if I connect a battery directly to it it runs at full speed,

however there does seem to be connection issues with the types of connectors I am using.

3 the final issue is that the motor does not respond when all else does. pump.jpg

Conclusion:
    The radio works, the receiver works, the motor works, the servo works, the batteries are fully charged, so unless anyone can think of something I'm missing my only conclusion is to think it's the connectors which are these types:

connectors.jpg
    Last edited by Chad; 05-29-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Don't you have a ESC to throttle the motor? Maybe ESC is
    not working correctly.

+ Reply to Thread