+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37

Thread: Anime Subs

Looking good Chad. Just needs a little CAD putty in that spot.

if only that were a thing...

For the longest time I didn't understand why Matt called his company precision patter, but now I know. I cannot imagine a more fitting name and I'm more than a little imaginative.

Introducing the mostly modeled UX01. I will be now working on texturing this and the other models in 3D.

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 4.51.32 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Chad; 09-19-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Is it possible to enjoy something this much...yes...yes it is. It's getting very close to the level of accuracy I have been obsessing about for the last 7 years since I began this project. Right now I am working on setting it up for the two different purposes I have for it. One I will mention is the 3d printing of a few different scales and parts. I have a 1/350 scale of this sub that I use as a reference for much of the detail but it needs a new prop as the resin one that comes attached to it is broken so I intend to replace it with a plastic one. I should also probably mention that I added two new details to the surface. The 707 on the rear bay doors and the face on the snorkel. I'm really sure it's that's a snorkel or a radar mast. It's anime so who cares I guess.

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 8.18.30 PM copy.jpg Screen Shot 2017-09-18 at 8.27.38 PM copy.jpg
    Last edited by Chad; Yesterday at 11:20 AM.

Also I would REALLY like to know if anyone is as interested in a scale version of the Red October as there is literally nothing out there that comes close to the movie version. I am already working on a replica for it as that was one of those early subs I found fascinating because of its' unique propulsion and shape. Just a behemoth of a sub. On a related note how cool would it be to have a submarine that could be an aircraft carrier. I know it'll never happen with that much dependency on as many lives and equipment, but I am not know for my love of realistic subjects.

If anyone would do it it's the Russians. Check this out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UXR3BACTzM

Or maybe this:
    c54e418cc220e00e10669f9511080e2f.jpg

How noisy would this be. I think that is what makes this a completely ridiculous idea. Not to mention the shear magnetic signature it poses to underwater detection technology. I only in the last few years came to learn that because submarines are huge steel beasts they have a large magnetic signature or whatever it's called. I forgot. Point is it's a thing I didn't know about. Then come to find out that in order to compensate for it at least with US subs they are demagnetized by tweaking their polarity of the hull until it's zero. Again whatever that means. But how cool that they use large cylindrical devices to run the hull through bit by bit to demagnetize it. Please feel free to chime in and correct my poor knowledge. I am sponge for this stuff. I can't imagine this is top secret stuff I am writing about here given that I heard / read about somewhere.

I wish we could have another meet at the Groton CT. base. That was magical. I was 20 but I felt like i was 12. Mason was there, Matt was there SeaWolf was the king of the sea, but the biggest regret of that trip was missing seeing the seawolf head to sea by 10 mins. OUCH!! ARGH. Finally a US submarine that incorporated technology I was dreaming about when I was literally 5 years old. HELLO! Military you want genius hire kids who love subs. jets tanks etc. You'll have more creative ideas than you can handle. Sure they might be ridiculous at the time but remember when we didn't have flight or subs, or space travel. ALL DREAMS. Ridiculous thoughts 200 years ago much less 2000 years ago. The best they could come up with was cement roads and wooden chariots. Pbbb....
    Last edited by Chad; Yesterday at 11:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread