+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: You use a Dremel? Need inforamtion.

For a AC powered tool I use the Black&Decker RTX.
    Can't beat it for the money.
    Attached Images
    You want to complain! Look at these heels I have only had them three weeks and the heels worn right through! If you complain nothing happens, so you might as well not bother. My back hurts, it's a fine day, and I'm sick and tired of this office!

Im currently using a Dremel400XPR to make 1:72 periscopes for the Revell Gato, IXC and VIIC.

It is variable from 5000 to 35000 rpm. and comes with a flex shaft which helps prevent hand fatigue and hand heat.

But even at it's lowest setting its a bit to fast for working with plastic sometimes and although it works for metal applications, sometimes i wish i had a jewelers lathe or mini milling machine.
    I will say it must be pretty well made because i have put a lot of hours on it , gotten it very hot for prolonged amount of use and put a lot of side-load on the bearings and still it works great.

Last edited by OldNoob; 01-06-2016 at 03:30 PM.

You can always try the pawn shops, they always have a large selection of used tools. They usually have a couple of Dremels on the shelf also.

+ Reply to Thread