+ Reply to Thread

Thread: revell U-214 thoughts

Default revell U-214 thoughts

Hi All
    here is my idea for a very inexpensive krik style U-boat. should work good enough to get guys involved. with out breaking the bank!!! my plan is to make both dive planes adjustable by small magnets to hold them in place. dive tube slides in thru the front. motor will be in its own tube. what micro servo will fit in a 1 inch tube??? I am thinking grease seal. its cheap and works. my thought for the day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301904970072...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Attached Images

Just a thought maybe PVC plumbing pipe then wrap a ring of Teflon tape for seal and shove a end cap over the pipe and tape.

I am useing pvc in my bigger models, 23, skipjack. these leg caps seal great. had a piece of plastic on the 214 fell into the black hole today!!! can not find it????? got pissed and shoved it in the box. working on my skipjack. LOL!!!!!!

I think your motor is bigger than it needs to be. See if this link works: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-6V-200RPM...19.m1438.l2649 .
    A chinese esc for it is very cheap as well. http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-ESC-20A-B...item2824a8c069
    Also o-rings are in-expensive, just need to come up with a simple way to trap them to use as a seal. I haven't taken apart Big Daves seals but they work well and can't cost much. A subtech seal is an o-ring and 3 short pieces of tubing, in a small volume shouldn't be more than 50 cents a piece.
    I think a small receiver will be the most expensive item.
    Hitech servos: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitec-HS-55-...19.m1438.l2649
    But there are cheaper ones as well.

the wife got me a 1/77 Disney nautilus for fathers day. so this one is on hold. plus it is tiny!! someday. Craig

Nice! Coastguard bob has a buildup of his Nautilus somewhere as well as Bob Martin. I have yet to build mine.

I totally wanted to do this with this sub. I bought it and built it as static because I didn't have the miniaturization know how so I hope yours gets completed. Please post some video at least pics of it running. I just can't figure why more people don't appreciate subs. Nothing is more fun. Ok I do enjoy zipping a speed boat across a lake but it gets old and certainly requires little skill to build one compared to a sub, also a plane is fun, but I'm just 100% biased to subs. Oh well. Keep it up please. Great work!

Hi chad pm me your address I will send you some caps and tube to try! I am going to get my big ub-88 and Disney nautilus built. Craig dubs rock!!!

Thanks I'll see what I can do with it. I've got about 4 projects on my bench as of now (1/35 Type23, 1/69 Brodeen Nautilus "Static", 1/500 Space Battleship Yamato, my 1/72 Submarine707 UX01), but I'm happy to add another.

You do not want to see my list����������

+ Reply to Thread