+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nautilus CAD Project

So actually I increased the size of the image to 8000 x 6000 at 72 ppi / dpi and it shows larger. I had initially uploaded these thinking they were at 300 but I forgot that I exported them from photoshop for web because the size was too large for the forum to allow, which forcibly drops the dpi to 72. So ultimately I guess it just has to be a large image at 72. Ok so whatever no need to respond.
    Last edited by Chad; 08-07-2017 at 01:03 PM.

The inner cage is ready for surfacing.

nautilus-core.jpg
    Last edited by Chad; 09-12-2017 at 11:38 AM.

To anyone wondering why the hold on this...no worries it will be completed within the next 6 months as part of a much bigger project I am working on. I just need to finish the 707's first.

Ok, so I am not sure 6 months in still on the radar, however this project is still very much on the radar for a solidly large project I am working on. Shhhhhh...don't tell anyone. Cuz it's a secret. Anyway Here are some of the latest screen shots.

Nautilus1.jpg N2.jpg
    Last edited by Chad; 12-08-2017 at 11:25 PM.

Looks really freaking awesome!! Great work, my friend!
    Regards,

Matt

LOL That's kind considering how much you don't like this subject. On a side note, as you know I am a ridiculous perfectionist with my subs, with that said I have backtracked in the designed of this having found some blue prints that showed this model to be of lesser accuracy than I'd hoped. So I decided to use the designs I found and build from them. Here's a quick screen from the work which I requiring a bit of tweaking to the nose section of the ol floating gator

nautilus 3d.jpg

Chad,
    You will beat your head against the wall if you are trying to be accurate. The decision is accurate to plans? Accurate to one of the subs used in the film? Even the ones used in the film had differences. If you go by plans, there are differences. You have film set plans (which would not always be built to those plans as changes would happen on the fly). It will be up to you where you plan to go.
    Peace,
    Tom
    If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

Chad, speaking of references, are you familiar with Ty Bumgardner's site? http://www.raleightime.com/NEMO/nemo-contents.html
    Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
    <><

Good point (Tom). I guess with the Nautilus the bottom line for me is to follow what are my favorite particulars of the various versions I know of. For example I know one of the most common differences is the lanterns above the eyes. In some versions they overlap the side wall of the wheelhouse in others and my preference in the version that follows the line along the edge. Is there a set of what are considered to be the most widely used / accepted ones.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulC View Post
    Chad, speaking of references, are you familiar with Ty Bumgardner's site? http://www.raleightime.com/NEMO/nemo-contents.html
    Great resource thank you!! I will put it to good use. I plan to collate them in to one single blue print as they relate to each other then use that to build my pieces.

+ Reply to Thread